November 1, 2015

make it happen - simple art journal page

Happy November everyone!
Today I'm sharing a super simple art journal page for ColourArte.


I had this cute small label 'make it happen' and found the perfect match colors in Twinkling H2Os.  So I used:
ColourArte products:
Other Supplies:
  • Finnabair stencil
  • Finnabair White heavy gesso
  • Finnabair Modeling Paste
  • Finnabair Stamp
  • StazOn ink jet black
  • 7Dots Studio label
  • washi tape
  • thread
First I found the right colors to match with the colors of the label and sprayed some water to activate them. I covered the hole page with white gesso and used the stencil with the modeling paste to create texture on the background.

When the modeling paste was dry, I glued the thread with the washi tape in order to create two different sections on the page. I sprayed some water and painted here and there with the H2Os watercolors with a paintbrush. I also made some splashes with the darker color 'Black Emerald'.
 When it was dry, I spread some powder of the three PE colors here and there and sprayed them with water. I let it dry.


 Last thing to do was to stamp the sentence and glue the label.


***buy a journal like this at The Journal Shop

If you need more inspiration you can visit ColourArte blog to find even more tutorials and techniques and ColourArte Store for amazing products!

Have a lovely crafty day!

2 comments :

  1. Who would have thought that such a simple concept could be so stunning! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Η ομορφιά στην απλότητα! Άσε που εβαλες και το αγαπημένο μου στένσιλ! ;)πως να μην το λατρεψω;

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much :*