November 2, 2015

Just breathe forever *with video tutorial

Happy Monday dear friends!
How many of you happened to be so charmed by a single vintage photo that it inspired a whole art piece?
When I saw this beautiful vintage photo from Finnabair's Ephemera Vintage Collectibles I knew exactly what I wanted to make: a vintage canvas.
This photo evokes so many emotions for me, like nostalgia, romanticism and melancholy in a beautiful way and I wanted to include all these feelings in my canvas.
So, here is my project for Finnabair Creative Team:


I started creating the background by doodling with a soft drawing pencil and used Clear Gesso in order to seal it and make sure that it wouldn't go away no matter what.
Then I made custom paints with Soft Matte Gel and Mica Powders and used them with a beautiful Lace stencil.
I also used stamps, Crackle Texture Paste and a few Art Ingredients to create various textures and dimension to the project. 





The Mechanical Flowers  were the perfect embellishment for my canvas, I really love how they look there!
I also made a couple of paper embellishments with stamps and embossing powders.









You can watch the hole process step by step in my video.



***You can find full supplies list in this post
***You can buy all supplies in Mixed Media Place store



I had a really great time creating this project, based on just one beautiful photo!
Maybe you will find your inspirational photo and create a romantic vintage project too :)
xxx




4 comments :

  1. Absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing your great video!
    xxx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Είναι εξαιρετικό! Πραγματικό έργο τέχνης!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is stunning and you've made it look so easy! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much :*