November 14, 2015

Brokenness

Hello mixed media friends!
Today I'm hosting the Mixed Media Place blog!


I found this beautiful and interesting photo on pinterest and my mind went straight to my black journal. I used a lot of media to create a dark and mysterious background, a couple of 2Crafty Chipboard frames to embellish it and alpha stickers to write the title:
'She always had a way with her brokenness'.
 In order to create a mixed media background, I used from Finnabair Basics Heavy White Gesso, Modeling Paste and Matte Soft Gel. First I used a doily stamp with black embossing powder. I melted the embossing powder and glued some paper stripes here and there. Then I used the Modeling Paste with a stencil and a beautiful background stamp with black ink.

Then, I glued the chipboard frames and painted them with Black Silks. I also used the Iridescent Copper Silks on some spots.

Next thing to do was to write the title. I used alpha stickers from the 7Dots Studio Domestic Goddess collection. I sealed them with Soft Matte Gel and made some doodling with the Uniball White Pen.


As some final touches I glued some Mulberry Flakes (I absolutely love this color!!!) with the Soft Matte Gel and made some splashes with the White Gesso.

***You can find a full list of supplies HERE
and buy all supplies at Mixed Media Place store

I hope you got some ideas on how to create a dark and mystery background!
Till next time,
have a lovely crafty day!

xxx
Athanasia


5 comments :

  1. I so love your black journal pages! And, this page is so gorgeous - and such a sad sentiment. Your textures are amazing, as is the photo. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this picture with mirror few days ago. i admire, very inspiring :) You work is absolutely stunning with all these media and adds, absolutely fabulous with this mood...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found it, Yayyy!!! Love this & love your work <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super super amazing page. I love the rich crackle texture and the dark mysterious mood, so inspiring....stunning xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Απίστευτες υφές! Εξαιρετική οπως παντα η σελιδα!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to drop by and leave me a comment. I appreciate it so much :*